Vic Sotto (born Marvic Castello Sotto; April 28, 1954) is a Philippine actor and comedian and is the ex-host of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire in the Philippines from 2009 to 2015.
After seven years, Who Wants to be a Millionaire returned to Philippine television in 2009. Vic Sotto was then chosen to be the new host of the game show's Philippine version.
Who Deserves to Be a Millionaire?
On December 2009 and 2011, Vic Sotto also hosted the special celebrity charity edition called Who Deserves to Be A Millionaire? Wherein a celebrity and its charity representative play together.
The following are the celebrities who played in this special edition and the prize that they each won:
- Efren Peñaflorida for the Dynamic Teen Company (₱400,000)
- Lucy Torres-Gomez (₱150,000; wrong on question 13)
- Sen. Francis Escudero (₱250,000)
- Ruffa Gutierrez (₱400,000)
- Gloria Diaz (₱400,000)
- Atty. Persida Rueda-Acosta from Face to Face and Public Atorni (₱600,000)
- Tessa Prieto-Valdez (₱400,000)
- Aiza Seguerra (₱400,000)
Christopher de Leon