Ask the Expert was a lifeline introduced to Seasons 7 and 8 of the U.S. version of Millionaire. It was a modified version of the Three Wise Men lifeline. For the U.S., the expert's camera feed is sponsored by Skype.
When a contestant uses this lifeline, he/she will get help from an expert whose identity is revealed at the beginning of the show. There is no time limit and the contestant can freely discuss with the expert.
- In 2008, contestants can ask the expert on a question, but they're not allowed to use it until they correctly answer the fifth question. After they decided to remove the Phone-a-Friend lifeline, this lifeline is now available for all 15 questions.
- In 2010 season of Arabic League version this lifeline used, but it had other logo. But the media program and Saudi businessman Hussein Shobokshi appeared as expert.
- This lifeline did not appear in the video game Who Wants to be a Millionaire? 2010 Edition.
- Several countries had used Ask the Expert lifeline to replacing Ask the Audience due to the COVID-19 outbreak, including Turkey.
- In Kim Milyoner Olmak İster? and Kaun Banega Crorepati, the expert help the contestants in only 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, the call from expert and contestants was cut off, similar to Phone-a-Friend and Three Wise Men. The only expert available for the Turkish version was Arda Ayten.
- Ask two Experts: Used on the Vietnamese version from the 11th Season of the show, replacing the Three of the Audience due to COVID-19 (then permanently). It has the same functionality as Ask the Expert, but instead of 1, there will be 2 experts to help the contestant and the time is limited. By the way, the experts will be revealed in the special room. This lifeline has still being used later even after the audience was back.
|Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? lifelines|
|50:50 • Phone-a-Friend • Ask the Audience • Switch the Question • Ask the Expert • Double Dip • Three Wise Men • Extra Help • Jump the Question • Plus One • Crystal Ball • Cut the Question • Power Paplu • Code Red • Chat Room • People Speak • Ask the Host • Ask the Star • Three of the Audience • Ask Two Experts|
|Millionaire Hot Seat: Pass • 50:50 • Switch the Question • Ask A Friend|